Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Fonts homework for graphics

image 1- I like this fonts because of its unusual serifs. I think the 'WOR' (white on red) contrast works well with the darker 'W' in the background.


image 2- Nike. This font has been Nike's logo for years, the typography of the black on white contrast (WOB) creates a clear and crisp image. I like this image because of its simplicity, and how the letters are purposefully placed close together.


Image 3- I love this font because of the typography. By using an arrow as the letter 'I' in 'Robin' and the stem of the 'H' in Hood, suggests what the genre of the following is. In addition the background of the forest adds to this emphasis.


image 4- My final image is the well recognised pixar logo. by including an image of a lamp in the font its-self suggest the animation setting it is it. Note how the letters are spaces far apart from what a fonts letters usually are. This creates clear distinction from other fonts, and is what makes it iconic.












No comments:

Post a Comment